The company highly advises that the insured will exhaust by any means to safeguard/protect the item insured. MICI shall not be liable in respect of direct or indirect damages due to the following exclusions:
The Deductible stated in the Schedule is to be shouldered by the Insured in respect of each and every occurrence giving rise to loss or damage under this Policy.
- Damages and/or losses caused by atmospheric conditions, natural wear and tear, deterioration, depreciation, corrosion, discoloration, rust, vermin, insects, any process of cleaning or restoring or from adjustment, repair, or dismantling of any part whilst removed from its normal working position.
- Damages and/or losses or destruction caused or contributed by, war, invasion, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), insurgence, rebellious acts, insurrection, civil commotion, military or Acts of terrorism, through the use of force or violence and/or the threat thereof, of any person(s) or group(s) of people whether acting alone, on behalf of, or in relation with any organization(s) or government(s) parties or officials, religious, ethnic, or other similar purposes including the intention to affect any government(s) and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear;
- Damages and/or losses arising from acts of nature
- Damages and/or losses arising from any action in relation to breach or violation of government laws, breach of trust or prohibition/s, treaties, or other rulings.
- Damages and/or losses arising from confiscation, detention, destruction or requisition by Customs or Police or by the order of any government authority or representative, whether as contraband, stolen goods or otherwise, or in consequence of illegal act or activity or otherwise;
- Damages and/or losses arising from radioactive and nuclear events (ionizing, radiation, or contamination) from any nuclear fuel from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or nuclear weapon material;
- Damages and/or losses arising from undetermined or unknown losses, mysterious disappearance, unexplainable and/or improvable event caused by the Insured or any person or third party, known or given authority by the Insured.
- Damages and/or losses arising from theft by deception, and/or pickpocketing of any third party, however, theft with intimidation (robbery) or theft with forcible entry (burglary)is covered by the Policy.
- Damages and/or losses arising from deliberate acts or negligence of the Insured, or any third party authorized to use the insured item;
- Water Damage/s and/or losses in respect to accidental losses/damages whilst on board any type of vessel/craft used in or on water that is less than three (3) meters long. 11. Any additional cost incurred to the Insured in respect of:
- a) loss of value, loss of use, loss of data stored in memories, or any consequential loss (including but not limited to any economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business, goodwill, or expected savings);
- b) replacement or repair of antenna, battery chargers, or portable/removable batteries where these items are the only part that has been damaged or stolen;
- c) replacement or repair where damages are covered by any manufacturer’s guarantee or warranties for parts and/or labor;
- d) Routine service, inspection, adjustment, or cleaning;
- e) Accessory replacement/s
- Damages and/or losses arising from internal leakage to the batteries of the unit, unless the leakage is attributable to an accident.
- Latent or Inherent product defects.
- Malfunction or electrical and mechanical derangement including its self-ignition or burnout, whether as a result of use, misuse, test, or repair;
- from any motor vehicle where you or something acting on your behalf is not in the vehicle unless the gadget has been concealed in a locked boot, closed glove compartment, or other closed internal compartments, and all the vehicle’s windows and doors have been closed and locked and all security systems have been activated. A copy of the repairer’s account for damage in gaining entry to the locked vehicle must be supplied with any claim;
- from any building or premises (including your home or workplace) unless the theft involves force in gaining entry to exit from the building or premises. A copy of the repairer’s account for such damage must be supplied with any claim;
- when away from your home, or when in your home with invited guests/tradesmen or other people; unless the gadget is concealed on or about your person when not in use, or it is stored in a locked room or secured receptacle (such as a locked safe, locked locker or closed desk drawer);
- where your gadget was in the possession of a third party (other than a member of your immediate family) at the time of the event giving rise to a claim under this insurance; • where the gadget has been left unattended when it is away from your home; or
- where all available precautions have not been taken to prevent theft;
15. Loss or damage caused by:
- Insured deliberately damaging, intentionally leaving or neglecting the gadget;
- The insured is not following the manufacturer’s instructions;
- The use of non-manufacturer approved accessories
16. Repair or other costs for:
- Routine servicing, inspection, maintenance, or cleaning;
- Loss caused by a manufacturer’s defect or recall of the gadget;
- Repairs carried out by persons not authorized by the company;
- Wear and tear or gradual deterioration or performance;
- Cosmetic damage of any kind, including scratches, dents, and other visible defects that do not affect safety or performance;
- Any claim if the IMEI/serial number has been tampered with in any way.
17. Any kind of damage whatsoever unless the damaged gadget is provided for repair.
18. Any loss of a SIM (subscriber identity module) card.
19. Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the gadget, or any loss other than the repair or replacement costs of the gadget unless relating to unauthorized call/data use for your mobile phone up to the maximum value of PHP XXX.
20. Policy Deductible – if you make a claim, a Deductible applies which must be paid to us before your claim can be processed. This Deductible varies depending on the value of the gadget you have insured with the company. You can find the policy Deductible applicable to your policy within your Schedule of Insurance.
21. Any claim made, or any event causing the need for a claim to be made, that occurs within the first 14 days of the inception date of the policy. If your gadget is less than 60 days old on the date you insure it, then this clause does not apply and your cover begins immediately.
22. Loss of or damage to accessories that were not attached to your gadget at the time of the incident.
23. Any claim for a gadget where proof of usage cannot be provided or evidenced.
24. Any claim for accidental loss where the circumstances of the loss cannot be clearly identified, i.e. where you are unable to confirm the time and place you last had your gadget.
25. Reconnection costs or subscription fees of any kind.
26. Any event that occurs outside the Territorial Limits unless the additional premium has been paid and this additional benefit is listed on your Schedule of Insurance.
27. War Risk Terrorism, war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities whether war is declared or not, civil war, rebellion, revolution insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalism or requisition or destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or legal authority.
28. Nuclear Risk Damage or destruction caused by contributed to or arising from:
a. ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
b. the radioactive, toxic, explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or component thereof.
29. Sonic Boom Damage or destruction directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices traveling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
30. Loss of Data or Software Any loss of or damage to information or data or software contained in or stored on the gadget whether arising as a result of a claim paid by this insurance or otherwise.
31. Any indirect loss or damage resulting from the event which caused the claim under this policy.
32. Any liability of whatsoever nature arising from ownership or use of the gadget, including any illness or injury resulting from such ownership or use.
33. Value Added Tax (VAT) where you are registered with HM Revenue and Customs for VAT.
34. Any loss where your bank account/credit card details stored on your gadget are used to purchase goods or withdraw funds.