Changes to This Terms and Conditions
We may from time to time revise or add specific instructions, policies and terms to the terms and conditions with or without prior notice. For questions, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may proceed to the contact us page.
Trademarks and Intellectual Properties
By visiting MICI’s website,you agree that every visual aids (graphic,videos, and text) are owned and copyrighted by the company. Unauthorized modifications and reconstruction of visual aids would be subjected to legal actions, such as copyright and trademark laws. All images are a property of MICI, other images that are used are with permission with property legalities, and fair trade use.
The website is constantly updated by the team for an optimal experience. But due to the constant changing climate in the non-life insurance industry. Changes from the government, upper-management, and the nation may cause inaccurate information from time to time. By visiting the website, you agree that the visual aids and the marketing collaterals are as is ,and there is a possibility that changes may occur with or without prior notice.
By visiting our website, you agree that MICI may gather required certain information.
In providing our services, we collect, store and use the following Information relating to you:
“Personal Information” is any information or combination of information that relates to you, and can be used to identify you. Personal Information may include the following:
- Name of the Insured:
- Email Address:
- Home Address:
- Office Address:
- Mailing Address:
- Telephone No:
- Cellphone No:
- Nature of Busines/Occupation:
- Valid I.D.:
The company also uses this information to do the following.
To enable us to perform our transactions with you.
- To provide our services and verify your identity;
- To approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions; send you statements, billings, notices and other such documents necessary for continued use of our products and services;
- To conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services;
- To perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand needs, preferences and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- For customer service, security, fraud-detection, archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our services;
- To communicate with you.
- To reach out to you regarding products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; and for personalizing your experience with our various touchpoints such as call center, telemarketing, email, messaging and other channels;
- To respond to your queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- To provide you with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
To improve our services.
- To better understand how you access and use our services, for the purposes of trying to improve our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers’ usage of our services;
- To help us develop our new services and improve our existing services;
- To assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with our services when your account is subscribed to an official account; and
- To allow you to participate in surveys about our products and services. If you participate in a survey, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys and such third-party service provider will be prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- To protect our Company’s interest.
- To perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud prevention;
- To comply and/or perform our operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, including credit check, verification and reporting;
- To review and/or comply with the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities and channels;
- Carry out payment collection activities through the Company’s Collection Department.
- Enable the Company to pursue reasonable and legally permissible remedies in accordance with this Agreement and under applicable laws;
- To comply with applicable laws and legal processes.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- Comply with court order and other legal processes;
- Respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities;
- Prevent fraud, violation of contracts, violations of law, and misuse of our products and services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
- IP address
- Browser type
- Pages visited within the Online Store
- Time spent on the aforementioned pages, items and information searched for on the Online Store, access times and dates, and other statistics.
You may use MICI’s website as a customer or as an inquirer. Beyond these scopes are prohibited, such as hacking the database/site, repurposing the visual aids as discussed in the Trademarks and Intellectual Properties section, selling, sublicensing commercial materials,data mining, and other types of actions that harm the website and the company is prohibited.
Users under the age of 18 are not allowed to use our services and website. The Personal Information about the age of users will be referred to the uploaded image of the user’s Gov’t issued ID (as explained in more detail under the “The Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section above). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any users under the age of 18. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you believe we have any Personal Information from any users under the age of 18 and we will promptly investigate (and remove) such Personal Information.
All of the products and services of Metropolitan Insurance Company Inc. is available online and offline. Marketing materials and other visual aids that may apply indicate the product, coverage, price, and terms & conditions. The products are meant for Filipino citizens that are 18 years of age. The products details have been tailored by qualified professional underwriters. Both products can cater to businesses and individuals.
Sales and Transaction Process
Manual Sales Process.
In light of possible technical difficulties within the site or by the potential buyer, a “manual” version is an available process in order to adapt into any kind of situation. Please refer to the process flow below for the full details of the Manual Sales Process.
1. A user may call or send us a message.
2. An online proposal would be scheduled, if required.
3. After a meeting, a quote would be sent to you via e-mail.
4. Once both parties agree on the proposal, a product overview and conforme letter would be emailed to you.
5.Once a signed conforme letter is emailed to us, banking details would be sent to you.
6. Send us a proof of purchase and our team will confirm the payment within the day.
7. Your official receipt would be shipped to you within 3-5 working days.
If you may need a visual representation on how the sales process works, you may refer to the Find An Agent Page and a video asset is available for your perusal.
Metropolitan Insurance Company Inc.’s sales process allows consumers to avail coverages within the domain. Please refer to the sales process below..
- You add to cart a policy you desire/
- A product overview would be presented to you
- Press the I agree
- Choose your preferred mode of payment.
- Confirm your payment
- Once paid, an e-receipt would be sent to you
If you faced any technical difficulties such as being charge unreasonably or payment would not push through, please email us at [email protected], and a representative is ready to assist you and address your concerns.
The usage of the website, purchasing of coverages, and other regulatory requirements are followed by both users and the company. MICI’s services are created by qualified individuals that have passed all the mandate requirements by the law. In events of required legal actions, both parties shall settle within the jurisdiction of the Philippines.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The usage, interpretation and validity of this website shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Philippine Law. Any action instituted or proceeding arising from this Agreement or usage of this website shall be filed only in the proper courts of Makati City, Philippines to the exclusion of all other courts.
How To Contact Us
If you wish to contact us regarding the Terms and Conditions or any related matters, please contact us at [email protected]
Metropolitan Insurance Company Inc.
3rd Floor The Athenaeum Building, 160 L.P. Leviste Street,
Salcedo Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1227